Arm Balancing Workshop
Barre Teacher Training
POSTPONED - FUTURE DATE TBD join our newsletter (right) for updates and future events and special offers!
Intro to Meditation
Cockeysville Middle School
Call CCBC to register.
Call for next 4-week session dates.
Spring Ayruveda Detox
Get rid of the winter sluggishness.
Learn about Ayruveda's dosha system, which dosha you are, and how to keep your body, mind and spirit in tip top shape.
This workshop includes lecture, discussion, a detoxifying yoga practice and grocery list for your spring cleanse.
WHY DO A DETOX CLEANSE?
* Supports the elimination of toxins from the body
* Increases energy and vitality
* Supports healthy weight management
* Relaxes the nervous system and calms the mind
* Helps to reestablish one's natural state of balance
* Promotes optimal health and well-being
Lifebridge Health & Fitness
2-hours CEU for RYTs
YOGA ALLIANCE CEU COURSES
TEACHING YOGA TO SENIORS
with Melisa Casses ERYT-500
Adults over 65 are the fastest growing sector of the American population, and like many, are drawn to yoga to improve their health and physical fitness. Older students can benefit from yoga, as improves strength & balance, helps reduce their risk of falls, increases quality of life and improves mood. However, seniors are also more at risk to injury, and there is potential for harm if yoga instructors do not create a safe environment and class structure geared appropriately to older adults.
* introduce a number of health conditions prevalent in seniors (65+)
* teach modifications and appropriate postures for various health conditions
* teach teachers how to appropriately sequence classes for older populations
* Learn about conditions prevalent in seniors including and how to teach safe and appropriate yoga classes for seniors.
with Melisa Casses, ERYT 500
Many yoga teachers lack the experience to feel confident giving safe hands-on adjustments in class. This course is designed to give teachers more practice, and increase direct experience with hands-on assigning and 2-way communication. For yoga teachers with 200-hour certification. 2.5 CEU contact hours for Yoga Alliance.
* See students bodies in new ways, in order to offer personal hands-on assistance.
* Explore 2-way communication and intuitive listening.
* Gain direct experience for offering assists for foundational and intermediate yoga postures.
*Revisit alignment of postures and various body types to be able to offer safe assists.
* Increase or gain direct experience of providing individual hand-on yoga assists.
* Work with various body types to learn how different bodies require different assists.
* Explore two-way communication, verbal and non-verbal.
Gain hand-on, direct experience offering various hands-on assists for foundational and intermediate yoga postures. This course is for yoga teachers and practitioners with a 200-hour yoga teacher training certificate.